About Me

My photo
Fledgling writer with a passion and fire to live, love, and be happy. Fast approaching the half-way point in my first novel: Brother's Wyrd, Volume 1 of 2.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The New Motto: "1k a Day".

So today's started at about 8am since the neighbor woke me at approximately 7:20am when her company made a big production about heading out. I suppose I should thank her for the early start, right?

So I had over 1k words by 10am.

Unfortunately, with the water heater being busticated, the landlord had to come by to fix it and so progress was halted for a bit, but that allowed me to grab lunch, and eventually I went back out to grab Bailey's coffee flavored liqour, which ended up acting as liquid courage of a sort. All in all a very productive and good day.

What followed my mid-day excursions was a 2k word binge f additional writing which ended at about 10:30pm. The resulting scene, which I had been rather worried about, turned out great! Drama, tension, battle, magic, death--it just has a bit of everything but romance!

So on the 1k a day thing.  This is my theory, which I'm sure you other writers out there can appreciate: We need to focus on our craft, and in addition to this we need time off from our craft. Am I right? And between these two is the fine line of balance. My concept is that if I pledge to average a positive word count of 1k per day then I could theoretically complete my remaining projected 95k words in 95 days. We're talking first draft here, not a finished product, but still, if you think about it, that's pretty frigging amazing.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment