About Me

My photo
Fledgling writer with a passion and fire to live, love, and be happy. Fast approaching the half-way point in my first novel: Brother's Wyrd, Volume 1 of 2.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Chapter 7 Nears Completion

Brother's Wyrd just topped 45,000 words as I near the end of chapter 7. This 1/k a day thing is keeping me happily on pace, and gives me a constant source of gratification at the progress I'm making!

At the point I'm at right now there are a pair of characters that I'm really enjoying building the interaction between. Individual characters are obviously important to any story, but the intermingling of the various sub-plots and personalities is what drives the feeling behind this particular story for me. I know I have an outcome in mind, but I still can't wait to see how this tale comes to fruition when all is said and done.

Along that same vein, I think the primary plot of any book ever written is a living thing that grows as the author writes it, and I'm finding the entire experience very sureal. The underlying end goal for Brother's has not changed since I began it in July, but it has evolved, and I find the story starting to tell itself as it finds its own way through the world I've created as a backdrop for it.

Storytelling is an amazing thing to be a part of.

Anyway, I'm going to be looking to post between 3 and 4 more excerpts as BW continues to takes shape, and I hope you guys continue to check in and become some of the first fans I have the privilege to reveal my work to.

Peace, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment